View RSS feed Dark and Twisted Ink

Smoke gets in your eyes

Sunday, November 12, 2006
I can smell smoke. I am sitting with my computer and I do not want to get up.

I can smell smoke. I can guess what happened.

I can fell my headache coming. I can tell my screaming boiling through the surface.

Still I ignore it. I don't want to deal with it.

The smoke is wafting through my house coming from the kitchen. My house could be burning. I just want to sit before my computer, holding my baby in my arms. I'm opening another blog online.

Opening blogs is what I do best when I am all stressed up about something. I dreamed of having a really busy blog where people hang on to what I say. Yeah, everybody who opens their own blog dreams of just that.

But I digress. I am just here, ignoring this smoke which comes to choke me now. I don't want to deal with it.

My whole house reeks of smoke now.

I meant it. I am putting my feet down. Getting angrier now.

I shot out of my chair, made it to my kitchen on a run.

"WHY DO YOU DO IT?"

"I don't know."

"ARE YOU TRYING TO BURN THIS HOUSE DOWN?"

"I don't know."

"DON'T FUCKING DO IT AGAIN!"

And I stalked away.

I feel the urge to shake and throttle coming. I want to hurt someone. I want the smoke to go away.

I smelled it all before. It was pizza, microwaved at 100% power for 20 minutes.
This time it's Quaker Oats cereal in a bowl, microwaved without water. Smoke wafting out of the microwave oven, without the fire, bowl and insides all singed brown. I am angry anyway.

Why? WHY? Why am I am blessed this way? Children who takes care of themselves, and children who loves experimentation.

This curiousity which killed a cat could someday burn my house down.

I turned on the oven fan, hoping the smoke will get sucked out.

I heard a little voice, not quite contrite said, "Are we burning the kitchen? What's burning in the kitchen?"

Sponge. Children as like sponge. I realized, again, that I shouldn't let my anger get away from me. I need to teach, not berate. I need calm amidst these smoke. I need my sensible reason underneath my headache.

I gave my child a hug, and tell him it's okay. Later, I will get my Febreeze out and try to squirt the smoke away.

The smoke swims around my house, and I feel my headache getting worse. Time for a Tylenol, Extra Strength. It's what's good for headache.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Book Worm at 1:23:00 PM, |

0 Comments: