View RSS feed Dark and Twisted Ink

The Wanting

Thursday, November 16, 2006
When I sit here reading a book, I wonder if I, too, could write a book if I try hard enough.

Then I thought about this other book I read which says something about "trying hard" is not the way to go. "Doing it smart" is the way. OK. How does one go about being smart?

Nora Roberts said to keep on writing anyway. One can fix a bad page, but one can't fix a blank page. Or something like that. I like Nora Robert's books. In fact, I am enjoying one right now.

Ever since I played with the idea of writing, I try to notice styles and form while reading. I love the idea of writing, but never really tried it past school requirements and letters.

Letter writing is not so bad. I found a fabulous husband by writing an honest bunch of letters. It's amazing how much conversation can be in a letter, if both people cooperate.

I have been planning to write for a long time. I bought a lot of books about writing. The funny thing about writing is...it's like a gym membership. You have to actually show up for it to do you any good.

Though it sounds great that one's a member...I should at least flip through those book. Ah, but Elizabeth Lowell didn't read any of those writing books before writing her novel. True! Still, BookWorm should read those books, and if not, start writing.

Just write. Write every day. A page a day. Go over and fix it later.

So, I am going to write. Maybe by writing, I will find my voice. By writing, I will find myself a book authored by me. By writing, I might just hit bestseller! Yay!
 
posted by Book Worm at 9:01:00 PM, |

0 Comments: