View RSS feed Dark and Twisted Ink

Blog Fodder #4 - Practical Joke

Friday, December 22, 2006
“What is the best practical joke you have ever participated in, or one that was done on you?”

Fodder (Go here if you want to join)
This subject was posted by
Shane

Years ago, my husband's delivery job takes us all over town. We'd go into different grocery store and leave behind a publication or two. Some of these grocery stores have a lot of older women who really cares about other women too. You can tell by their wonderful camaraderie that they got along well with every one.

Picture there. An American, six-foot tall, intelligent-looking and his wife. An 85 pounds, five foot-two, small build girl. She's dark from weeks of snorkeling and beach combing. I'd go in these stores carrying a foot-thick publication for the shelves.

One time, I noticed that they have food for our pet dog. They had a sale for Alpo. These luscious looking stew in cans. Some had image of a dog in it. I grabbed a dozen or more of these cans. I didn't have a basket, so I carried them to the register in my arms.

It was heavy, and I was staggering. When I was ready, I called my husband over to pay. I acted scared and apologetic about buying so many.

"I promise to only open a can a day. I like these kind because they're not so dry." I said.

"See that you're careful with them. The other day, I saw you threw a few pieces in the trash. These are not free young lady!" He said.

"Okay. I promise." I answered. Then I said, "Honey? Why are my food have pictures of dog in them? In the aisle, it was shelved near other food with pictures of animals in them?"

"Shush! No back-talking young lady!" He said.

If the ladies of that store were shooting fires, my husband would be singed in seconds! They were appalled and mad at him for treating this meek, little girl like that.

It was really funny. One of the funniest practical joke we did.

Labels:

 
posted by Book Worm at 11:20:00 PM, |

1 Comments:

That's funny! :D