View RSS feed Dark and Twisted Ink

Blog Fodder #2 -Somebody

Friday, December 8, 2006
Tell us about somebody who has changed your life, even if just a little bit.

Fodder (Go here if you want to join)
This subject was posted by Nikki-ann

My mother had a cousin who used to stay with us. He changed my view on alcohol. He's a mild-mannered man, very agreeable, except when he's drunk. He usually drinks Tanduay Rum. He's not really violent when he's drunk.

He's a pathetic drunk. He cries, and tends to prostrate himself on the ground asking forgiveness for his sins. He's very insistent on having anyone forgiving him.

When you're a little girl of 8, this is a scary site.

To this day, an alcohol smell takes me back to that weird drunk relative of mine. I'm never impressed by anyone who drinks alcohol. To me, they're that pathetic relative I have. I never want to have anything to do with them.

I'm fortunate that my husband also does not like alcohol. If there's a God, he's surely looking out for me when I was choosing a husband.

Labels:

 
posted by Book Worm at 11:34:00 PM, |

5 Comments:

I guess you learnt some somebody elses's problem. Obviously, it's a possitive thing :)

I hope you're having a good weekend. Take care :)
I had an violent alcoholic for a father so can understand how you could be turned from ever drinking alcohol. I dealt with the alcohol issue differently but totally respect the path you've taken of no alcohol.
I too come from an alcoholic past. Thanks for stopping by my blog today and especially for agreeing with my views on Christmas. We went out today and got a couple of gifts!! We did not spend very much at all proving that it can BE DONE!! Come back anytime. I love new visitors. I so agree with your stand on alcohol. Once it has been in your life you will remember the bad effects forever..I do. Sandy
My dad is an alcoholic, so I understand.

He wasn't particularly violent, but made my attitude to alcohol extreme.....going from alcoholic myself to virtually TT and hating people around me being drunk....

Nothing is simple, eh Book Worm?

cq
I tend to agree with you on the alcohol issue but I also tend to surround myself by it as well.... Today I posted my #2 as I had computer problems last week and am just now getting to surf the others. I enjoyed your #2